I think it was the sign that so unhinged me at first.
The first outward indication
that things had changed within.
There is was, that impossible-to-miss sign
stuck by the roadway for all to see.
Announcing to the world:
FOR SALE.
The first few times I drove by I would
blink in disbelief at the mere sight of it.
Each potential buyer to our home has brought
tears to my eyes and a knot in my heart.
Home truly is a shelter for the soul,
Home truly is a shelter for the soul,
a place where hope and memories collide.
Now after months of visitors
judging the size, the layout, property,
location and yes even the paint colors,
we are closing another chapter.
On that day, after a flurry
of calls, emails, communications,
inspections and reports, we signed the dotted line.
I know, see A year in review, that
our home is much more than plaster, wood and brick
and the finality of it has me crushed.
and the finality of it has me crushed.
The first folks to want our home are the ones
that will be moving in within the week.
At the time, they had a home for sale but with
the market as it was, they were unable to sell.
They have since sold and were quick to inquire if
our home was still available.
Welcome Deb and family.
People seem to think I should be happy....
For everything there is a season.
For everything there is a reason.
Another chapter has come to an end.


No comments:
Post a Comment