Wow where did the time go?
Well, let me see, it's been 18 months since my husband and I had our 25 Wedding Anniversary.
17 months since my world as I knew it was rocked by our Separation.
And, in the time that I have lived in my 'quirky little rental',
I could have had a child (9 months). Yeah Right! At MY age??!!
"Courage is the power to let go of the familiar"
Mary Bryant
March 2014: Moving Day
I roll the unfamiliar key in my hand,
take a deep breath and open the door
to my 'new home'.
The freshly painted cookie dough colored walls
inviting me to breathe a bit of me into this little place.
After everything was moved on that chilly March day,
I listened to the emptiness around me.
I recall that I felt strangely calm.
Alone, but not lonely.
Safe, at home,
the feeling was comforting.
**********
Time passed, and in May we listed our
'forever home'.
It has yet to sell, but has had lots of interest.
There is a lot of land and folks don't want that now a days.
It was to be our starter and retirement home.
None of these decisions have been easy, that's for certain.
They say
you never forget your first love… and that’s how I feel about our house.
It was
more than a ‘house’ we made it a ‘home’.
We poured a lot of love, time and
money into the purchasing and renovating our house over the 27 years.
I’ve cried
more tears than I’d like to admit.
I keep telling myself, “It’s just a
house, stop crying.”
But to me, those aren’t just walls or a room.
Our
house was very much a character, a reflection.
Those walls box up the
memories of significant events in our lives.
As with
other things ,
sometimes you just have to hold your head up
high,
try not to cry, and wave goodbye.
My husband and I began as friends 30+ years ago.
Unlike many, we shall work to remain friends.
That, isn't always easy, but achievable I think.
And, for our family it's important that we maintain the communication.
As I write a lump forms in my throat,
I realize how fortunate I am to have
had God place a number of great people along my pathway.
I continue to spread my wings; work on
my 'projects', many of which you have seen.
I am continuing to learn a lot about me.
About those around me and here in
'my quirky little rental'
I appreciate the Woman
that I have become.
I appreciate the Woman
that I have become.
New Beginnings in Two Zero One Five.
Just like a Hummingbird, I will continue to fly.
I may 'flit' around a bit, but I know where I belong.
I may 'flit' around a bit, but I know where I belong.
I am going to sit a spell
and remember Spring here at the River's edge.
Today the river's ice runs quickly with ice-jams forming along the banks.
Today the river's ice runs quickly with ice-jams forming along the banks.
Happy New Year to each of you.
.


2 comments:
I am wishing and hoping all the way around that 2015 is a much happier year for everyone.. 2014 was a hard one!
As am I Gwen. Thank you for visiting my Seaside Friend, do take care.
Post a Comment