Sunday, October 4, 2015

Sometimes, through change one finds harmony


I'm in my late 40's at that pre-geriatric age
where I'm too young for my Senior's Discount,
yet knee deep into middle-age.

I need my glasses for distance and
to remove them for reading.
And, I've learned not to be too
concerned about the clarity of
anything in between.

Circumstances have required me to be
independent and self-reliant.
I have found harmony

Awhile back I had the privilege of entertaining
a couple for dinner. 
One of my guests refers to themselves
at times as an 'energy reader'. 

My home contains many eclectic pieces.
A juxtaposition of today and of those of long ago.
I have pieces that belonged to my family
(such as Gram's table) as well as
those belonging to other families of long ago.

During our visit he commented that he often
felt 'conflicted' and 'overwhelmed' by the entity previous owners;
in a home such as mine that contains so many different originating pieces. 
'Everyone' vying for the space.  

I am honored and in awe to say that he also said
he didn't feel that in my home.
My home and all it's treasures (to me anyway)
'live' in peace.

How fascinating that one described how the house 'feels'.
We often indicate a house feels 'cozy' 'warm' 'inviting' when
speaking, but to have this be said of my home..

With the past  of the pieces and of their places,
my past and into tomorrow a self reflection
of the last number of years, I especially found his
comments intriguing.
I too feel 'at harmony' in my space.

As for me and my 'quirky little rental'
we welcome you as I plan for this,
my second Christmas here with all
of my 'guests'.


No comments:

Featured Post

Life's Highway

I think it was the sign that so unhinged me at first. The first outward indication that things had changed within. There is...