Friday, September 2, 2016

My D I V O R C E



The first few years after a separation are difficult,
however, the first year following 
the signing of the Divorce papers,
I would have to say is the most difficult. 

The finality of receiving that officially signed, 
stamped paper was challenging. 
The emotional, physical, financial 
and logical all surrounded me.
Sometimes, I questioned my own sanity. 

Today marks the one-year Anniversary
of our Divorce and many questions
have been answered, others I have
come to realize really don't matter anymore. 

Many people have asked 'what happened' to 
our 25+ year marriage.  
There is no single answer,
but is a question I often ask myself. 

But, what many fail to realize is that
often, there is nothing specific that
needed(s) to happen or be a cause. 

However, in the years since we separated,
I now realize that we are better 
off having gone our separate ways.

He didn't love me the way he once did
and, if I were honest,
nor I him.

Divorcing has given each of us an opportunity to
pursue other happy chapters in the book of our lives.

Despite the stresses, 
I appreciate the years we shared.
An immature relationship begins with 'I love you' and ends with 'screw you'. 
A mature relationship begins with 'I love you' and ends with 'thank you'.

In particular one line of our Marriage Vows
stands out to me through all of this.
"I take you to be my Husband, the Father of my Children"....

We certainly got that last part right!
We have been blessed!
She is an amazing young Lady whom
we both love from the bottom of our hearts.

I may not be where I thought I would be at this stage of my life,
but I love it here in my 'quirky little rental'. 




Thank you. Nothing but the best. I truly hope you find it. Be safe. 
June 4, 1988 - September 2, 2015



No comments:

Featured Post

Life's Highway

I think it was the sign that so unhinged me at first. The first outward indication that things had changed within. There is...