Saturday, July 8, 2017

TUSKET BOUND 2017

This summer we are Tusket NS bound,
along with other places.

Tusket is a small fishing community located in Yarmouth County, Nova Scotia on route 308.
The 2006 population was 395.
Tusket Township Courthouse and Gaol,
the oldest still existing in Canada.
The village was originally settled by Acadians, then by
Dutch United Empire Loyalists from New York and New Jersey in 1785,
after the Great Expulsion.
In the 19th century the village was very prosperous as a major ship building center.
The Old Tusket Courthouse, built in 1805 and featuring a bell tower,
is the oldest standing courthouse in Canada.

I found these on Youtube



And

Exploring Tusket 2


Iron Lady


Moving the Sluice Point Bridge:
"
Published on Aug 13, 2014
I'm not a videographer and this is my first attempt at using my Canon 7D for a video. It has not been edited so please forgive any wobblies. I do recommend turning down the volume as it was a windy day, and the waves were slapping against the wharf. This was a truly exciting event to witness. The old span has been in place since 1905."


Downtown Surette's Island Nova Scotia




No comments:

Featured Post

Life's Highway

I think it was the sign that so unhinged me at first. The first outward indication that things had changed within. There is...