Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Until the Mountains Crumble into the Sea




What young adult wants to hear that they are 'too much' like a parent? 
None that I have known. 

My family likes to share the story of how when I was a teen
my Mom and I  had a bit of a misunderstanding. 
Imagine that!!! 
I had headed to the garage to 'cool off''.
Sitting in the 'loft' (loosely named)
thinking that no one knew where I had gone. 

Well, that wasn't the case at all,
 a bit later my Dad came into the garage.  

I assumed (duh) he had no idea that I was up there.  
Then, in his wisdom, begins talking to 'himself', 
or so I think.

Remember, I think he is down there working on a project
and just chatting out loud to himself.

He says" You know what the problem is don't you? 
You're too much alike".  
Once I clued in he was talking to me, 
let me tell you that stirred the pot a bit more.

As a child/young teen we never want to be told
that we are 'just like our parent(s)'.  
As we age, that changes. 
Thankfully. 

At my age and place in my life, I am humbled when someone
says I am just like my Mom.  
Well, there are always a few things though, right? 

Thank you for everything you have taught,
and continue to teach me Mom. 



No comments:

Featured Post

Life's Highway

I think it was the sign that so unhinged me at first. The first outward indication that things had changed within. There is...