Tuesday, April 15, 2014

 
 
 
 
 
 
Today was a sobering day,
maybe that's not the correct word.
 
Today was the first time I had to 'check'
that little box indicating marital status.
 
Today has been a very trying day.
 
Have you ever known something
was right, but paused
 a tear in your eye?
Or your heart?
 
Today was another of those days.
 
A day to let the emotions flow,
a day to say it's time
 to let go.
 
A new chapter,
another sentence,
another paragraph has begun.
And really,
it's only a document
saying  the vehicle is mine.
I'm  only one.
 
Hopefully the pathway
will widen soon and I can pass
over it more lightly.

Next is Income Tax and it's 'box'
as this journey of life continues.
 
Thank you Lord for friendships made and love shared.
Continue to heal each of us.
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Featured Post

Life's Highway

I think it was the sign that so unhinged me at first. The first outward indication that things had changed within. There is...