I sat on the deck drinking my coffee,
enjoying the sounds of the
returning Canadian Geese .
This is an ice block sitting at the River's Edge
just below my place.
I watched it float to it's destination
and now wait for it to melt.
I remember years ago
waiting for the ice to 'break'
so we could make home made ice cream.
We would take turns 'churning'.
Memories,
sometimes they bring a smile
sometimes they bring tears.
Today, was a bitter/sweet day.
So many changes,
so many decisions,
so many tears.
But to see Spring and hear the birds singing,
helps.
1 comment:
Hi S, This was the longest winter ever. so glad to see the bare ground again.
hearing and seeing the birds that have returned is a blessing for sure.
Sounds like more "weather" will be arriving tonight..
Hope you are making out alright.
....sounds like you have created a cozy home. Take care.
Post a Comment