Today I woke to the sound of the Snow plow.
Nothing new there,
I live in Atlantic Canada
and we just had the blizzard of all blizzards.
This one was equal to a Level 3 Hurricane
except with snow.
Anyway, I have reached that 'age group'
who needs to pee as soon as their toes hit the cold floor.
After that, I reach into the basket for
my toothbrush and paste.
I glance in the mirror and........
AUGGHH it's the Crypt Keeper!
Who let you in here??
I reach for my glasses,
and sadly realize
the Crypt Keeper is me.
"Today is the day", I say.
As soon as I am done my errands.
The weather is worsening
it's freezing rain/ice pellets
so I decide to grab
a Tim Horton's Coffee;
stop to tell the person that
I was to meet
that I will see them Tuesday
and head back home.
I guess, one can't
put this off much longer.
Darn mirrors,
they are everywhere!
So I grab the box from beneath
the sink and start 'mixing'
as the tub fills with water.
I might as well have a bath right?
Okay...time travel, time to rinse.
The water around me is the color of
Raspberry jello!!???.
Oh oh, this might not be good.
So, I grab the shampoo
the 'foam' on my hands is the color
of
Blackberry juice on your fingers when picking them!!??
OKAAAYY round 2.
I again grab the shampoo,
this time the 'foam' is the color of
Blueberries!!??
Crackers!
So by this time I am thinking
it's a good time to shave my legs.
Although
I just shaved them last night.
I just shaved them last night.
So, this is officially a stall tactic
because I am beginning
to fear that my
hair may very well
match my 'new to me' blouse.
Oh darn,
I forgot to turn on the bathroom fan
so the mirror is now fogged up.
I guess I may have to wait
to see if I look like
Phyllis Diller
because I can't comb it yet.
And thinking maybe I should
take a page from Minnie Pearl
and just wear a hat.
Minnie Pearl
1912-1996




No comments:
Post a Comment