Last year I wrote :
I have visions of a Hall Tree.
Which is much required here.
I have wanted a Hall tree for awhile.
I just couldn't bring myself to purchase one.
Recently, while searching for 'doors'
I came across a photo
of a door made into a Hall tree!
Wahoo
so my next project is to make
the door hall tree.
But, first to find the
'perfect' OLD wooden door.
I love doors!
Those that have followed
have seen some of the doors
I have featured that I love!
But, they are often on buildings.
Today I write:
Before I moved into this house, I had wanted a coat rack and had seen variations of this idea.
But when I saw this house, I KNEW it had to have one.
It is the color shown I have not changed it an ounce (except to clean it).
I loved the color and had hoped that it was still available as it was 1 of many doors available when the ad was posted WAAAyyyy back last year.
AND this door comes from my Great Grandmother's house! (built in 1850's)
What are the chances that an ad I saw a few months ago on Kijijiji was from just down the road and a part of my history?
Before I moved into this house, I had wanted a coat rack and had seen variations of this idea.
But when I saw this house, I KNEW it had to have one.
It is the color shown I have not changed it an ounce (except to clean it).
I loved the color and had hoped that it was still available as it was 1 of many doors available when the ad was posted WAAAyyyy back last year.
AND this door comes from my Great Grandmother's house! (built in 1850's)
What are the chances that an ad I saw a few months ago on Kijijiji was from just down the road and a part of my history?
May I take your coat?
The spot:
Sorry, I should have cleaned up
but I am so excited to share
I didn't bother removing my
cleaning supplies.
Drum Roll..........
Side 1 - before cleaning
Side 1 - after cleaning
But, THIS is the side I want
of course, these are before
and during cleaning
and
under all that dirt, grime, soot, and smoke
I found EXACTLY what I had hoped for.
I have yet to fit it with hooks, or even to attach it to the wall.
But you get the idea.
I will post more once it's completely done.
But I LOVE this color
it's original.






No comments:
Post a Comment