Sunday, June 8, 2014

Paint and Milk

 
Well, I have my own experiences
with FAT, but not as a
paint.
Until yesterday that is.
 

 
I had read of and seen Youtube videos
of this stuff called FAT PAINT, but never used it.
I had noticed a Facebook notice
about an open house at a shop
nearby that re-loves and restores
 
Because it was a somewhat of a dreary day
(meaning no outdoor work done today)
and I wanted some new ideas,
I decided to check it out.
 
I have a few things that I want to 're-love'.
Don't we all?
 
I am absolutely thrilled with this,
it took me years to find one,
but it needs some TLC
for example.
 
It loving resides on my bathroom vanity
here in 'my quirky rental'.
 
So, I decided to check around the
Front Porch to see what
I could find...
 
and I found this one!
"Ocean Spray"
Sorry, this photo does not do it justice

 
So I carefully laid
out my treasure on a bag
so I don't get the paint
on my table and began..

 
I am liking it! Wahoo



 It's more of a blue once in place than a green
but that's a result of the wall color.
I did some additional
 stressing and such
I am very pleased
with the result.
 
 
 
In the basement of 'my quirky rental,
I had found a chair.
I decided to try out
a bit of the
mix yourself
milk paint 
called
Buttercup yellow
on the seat.
 
BEFORE
The pooch is checking out the first few coats.
Darn tree, keeps throwing
it's leaves at us.
*smile*
 
While it dried,
 he decided to grab some sun
 
 
So, here's one chair.
 
I know the deck and step
require a paint job,
but that will have to
wait until I am done
'playing'.
 
Actually, I have told the
Landlord I will paint the
deck and step,
but have yet to receive the paint.
 
Until then....
I get to play.
 
Oh Yuck,
a bug. 
What kind of bug is this?
Do you know? 
I have never seen anything like it.
 
 
I had purchased the FAT PAINT
with the plan to re-love
another chair that
I picked up at a yard sale.
 
I am going to use it as a
spare and display it in
my Office.
 
These have 2 projects
have enabled
me to play with both
FAT Paint and Milk Paint .
 
I prefer the pre-mixed FAT Paint myself.
 I don't think I was
patient enough with the non-mixed
and it didn't turn out like I would have liked.
 
But I have seen some lovely things
done with it, so I know it was just
me being impatient.
 
AND, I got a notice from
the Shop owner, Wendy.
It turns out, I won a door prize.
 
 
So you know what that means..
I HAVE to go back!!
 *smiles and giggles*
 

1 comment:

Gwen Buchanan said...

Hi there Shelley, I have a wash board very much like that... mine is called Empire Glass. It must have taken a while to get the laundry done using one of them, way back when.. maybe it would make people be more careful and not get their clothes dirty. xo

Featured Post

Life's Highway

I think it was the sign that so unhinged me at first. The first outward indication that things had changed within. There is...