The basket by the door is ready with mitts and hats for going out,
or slippers to warm your chilly feet when you come in.
Here in the Maritimes we are expecting
upwards of 60 cms (2 feet)
of snow within the next 24 hours
and it's already begun.
I had things I had to accomplish
after work prior to heading home.
So, I ran around the city
gathering what I needed,
then headed west.
First stop, my parents house.
I had picked something up from the
grocery store for them.
At home
I back the car into the space
where it won't be hit (hopefully)
by the snow plow.
Gathered all my stuff
including my purse and
head to the house.
I open the gate at the top of the
steps,
walk cautiously across the deck in the snow
walk cautiously across the deck in the snow
all the while chatting with the dog through the door.
Just as I reach the door,
whoosh my feet come up,
the 4 or 5 bags, my purse,
and I go down with a thump.
and I go down with a thump.
Now let's be honest,
you can't tell me that you have
you can't tell me that you have
ever fallen (had a fall for us older set),
and NOT jumped right back up prior
to confirming any injuries!
It was dark,
save for the white lights around the deck,
but this chick jumped up so quickly,
Your head would spin.
Your head would spin.
Well, let's just say I have neighbors
close by and I am thinking -
they sure as shootin' don't want to see
they sure as shootin' don't want to see
this chunky bunny lying on the deck.
After all, one might have to lift me.
*smiles and chuckles*
The dog is barking at me through
the patio door.
Are you laughing at me
or asking if I am okay???
I am telling myself he's
asking if I am okay,
but truly I think he's laughing.
After checking over my purchases,
some of which are rather flat now,
some of which are rather flat now,
I am thankful I had no glassware.
I decided that this adventure
was the perfect excuse
for a hot bath.
I am sitting here typing this silly
story with one hand.
As I am experiencing some pain
in my left arm.
I am hoping by morning it will have
settled down.
After all,
After all,
this is the same way I broke
it 26 years ago,
a wooden step and a bit of hidden ice.
a wooden step and a bit of hidden ice.
Toodles for now,
be safe out there.
**UPDATE:
2 days after my 'fall', I went
to Emergency to have hit checked.
Dr. was/is pretty confident it is broken,
but it's still too swollen to tell
and the 'x-ray sometimes miss them'
if they are a hair line crack.
So I have instructions to not 'over do it'
and to have it rechecked in a week.
Any issues, return immediately.
Sportin' a sling to remind myself
not to move the furniture for Christmas,
move the washing machine for washing,
don't lift heavy pans/pots such
as the crock pot.
Because, I am a bit crazy like that,
I will still try.


2 comments:
Aha!! so sorry! damn Winter. So pretty and so sly. Hope your arm doesn't take long to heal.
It reminds me of when I unexpectedly fell in a hole in the sidewalk in Fredericton late in Sept. where one of the huge trees went down. so did I. It was dark, and nobody filled in the hole or even had any warning signs. Thought I broke my leg. I hate falling down.. I can commiserate.
Hi Gwen,
It's certainly no fun. I hope your leg healed up well. One can't be too careful with such things.
Being on my own, I decided if it was still annoying me as much as it was the night I did it, I was having it checked in a few days. Guess it is a good thing.
Take care - thanks for visiting
Post a Comment