Friday, June 26, 2015

The road to self-discovery continues

It’s been awhile since we chatted.  I’ll not apologize.  I’ve been going through a personal metamorphosis …one that continues to challenge me, it has stripped me of many previous ways of thinking.   It has left me standing rather bare, yet with more self-appreciation.  After all, if you don’t appreciate yourself and recognize your own self-worth you essentially ‘hide’ it from others. 
 
A part of this exploration is teaching me to stop apologizing for who I am and where I am in my life.  Believe me, this is not where I thought I would be.   

The start of a list of things for which I will not apologize:
  1. I am a woman.
  2. I enjoy baking and dislike cooking.
  3. I love to create and make a mess.
  4. I would rather stay in and read than shop or ‘tramp’ the Mall.
  5. I like to color.
  6. I like blowing bubbles.  Got gum?  Or dish soap?
  7. I am who I am.
  8. I prefer to clean other people's homes.
  9. I sometimes need a hand.
  10. I have a ‘bucket’ list
  11. I enjoy driving without a specific destination.
  12. I am a single woman.
 
I am continuously discovering who I am and as such,  who I am becoming.  I am not going to stop changing.  Hopefully I will continue to grow in self appreciation and confidence. 
 
Sometimes our lives turn out to be a map that was not updated accordingly. Sometimes life’s detours take us from what we thought was the main road. It's okay, I enjoy the scenic route.   I think I will grab the GPS and hold on.   As I continue to speed towards my 50s, may the years be kind to me and move out of my way as I hobble past. 
 
 
Love this:

“Just because I am alone, does not make me lonely”.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 


No comments:

Featured Post

Life's Highway

I think it was the sign that so unhinged me at first. The first outward indication that things had changed within. There is...