Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Road Trip!!

 
 
Okay, so the title might be a bit dramatic.
But really, don't you just want to yell it out sometimes?
Jump in the car and just GO?
 
That's what I like to do, always have actually.
But, now that I am alone I have found it
a bit different than before.

I don't have to worry about if anyone 'wants' to go.
Concerned someone might be 'bored' or 'uninterested'. 
But I am extra cautious about stopping to explore.
 
I love to drive.  I love to explore.
I love old houses, barns and doors are my favorite.
I Geocache so that takes me different places too.
 
This summer I have taken to the road a few times
and have always found interesting things to see,
shops, and roadside stands. 
The car's mileage is adding up...but,
I have loads left to explore! 
 
Here are a few 'snaps' from yesterday.

 
Over the next few days I will introduce you
to some additional sights and stops as well as the history of them. 
 




I LOVE (and am saddened) by abandoned places.




Local Pub in a small community along the shore.









 
 

This was just bizarre!
On a country road,
in the middle of seemingly nowhere,,
shoes and boots strung within a tree in a farmer's field.








 


No comments:

Featured Post

Life's Highway

I think it was the sign that so unhinged me at first. The first outward indication that things had changed within. There is...