Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Celebrating Me

 Over two years ago now, after wearing them for 25 years,
I removed the gold rings from my left hand for the last time.
I had worked retail, played in the dirt, painted, crafted and so much more without ever removing them. 
Oh wait, there were those weeks when I was in the cast,
but otherwise never. 
I remember well how, when I looked down, my heart stumbled.
Both my hand and my heart felt naked, stripped bare.
 Recently I watched an episode of ‘Grace & Frankie’ one line in particular caught me saying ‘exactly'!!
  Grace had just removed her wedding ring for the first time
 since her Husband  left.
She removed her ring, looked down and almost in awe said,
“Oh, my hand looks really weird”.  
In the transition from one house to another,  
I lost a dinner ring that I had often worn on my right hand.
 Recently, I decided that after over 2 years of not wearing any rings,
I would ‘Celebrate Me’ and purchase one for myself. 
What I found was a lovely white gold Blue Sapphire at a local Treasures and Antique shop. 
I surprised myself by gravitating to
the larger shaped one among those in the case. 
I am normally just a ‘plain Jane’ girl.   
I specifically purchased this lovely for the middle finger of my right hand. 
And guess what! 
No sizing was needed.  Is that fate or what?? 
“Blue Sapphire stone meaning:
has great quality to calm inner spirit and reduce anxiety,
and it is thus great for people suffering from
neurosis and anxiety attacks;
these conditions have been known to reduce body immune
and create additional health problems such as flu,
insomnia and body immune related diseases.
Blue sapphire is also a great stone to combat stress and bad effects that come from it…. " 

Thank you again Denise for negotiating a price within my means.
Once in awhile I remind myself to 'Celebrate Me' because I am worth it.
June 4, 1988 - September 2, 2015
Footnotes:
“Grace & Frankie” - Jane Fonda & Lily Thomlin co-star as two women forced to reinvent their lives in this
Emmy-nominated Netflix Original Series.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A new chapter.

Featured Post

Life's Highway

I think it was the sign that so unhinged me at first. The first outward indication that things had changed within. There is...