
Christmas this year was very different.
Although it is my second one in
'my quirky little rental',
it wasn't the same.
For a change, I wasn't ready weeks in advance.
The tree was up, but I was wrapping 'main gifts'
Christmas Eve
instead of doing the 'fun stuff'.
instead of doing the 'fun stuff'.
My girl didn't come home until
mid-Christmas Day; but I can
appreciate that she wanted time with the
boyfriend's family as well.
Once here it was time with Grandparents,
relatives and gifts.
Then, they headed off to her Dad's place.
Traditions, oh how we miss them once they have changed.
My ex-husband wanted to have
Boxing Day Dinner together;
all four of us, as a family.
Although I appreciated the invite,
and being that we have maintained
open communication,
and being that we have maintained
open communication,
I felt it would only further point
out that we are no longer a 'family'.
Wow, had you said that 5 years ago,
I wouldn't have believed it.
I, like many, experience times of depression
and this Christmas was challenging.
Many wouldn't know from the outside,
or so I tell myself.
I think Neil Lennon said it well:
"It's a bit like walking down a long,
dark corridor
never knowing when the lights will go on."
But, it's a new year.
Life changes, people change, experiences are
...experienced.
I know I am late, but
Happy New Year!!
Feel free to visit my other Blogs.
You will find them
with the links above.
You will find them
with the links above.
No comments:
Post a Comment