My Mom and I planned to join
the same tour bus company yesterday, August 2
but there was a mix-up.
Let me back up.
Months ago after planning the day trip with My Girl,
I asked Mom if she would like to join me on a River Cruise.
Yes! Of course.
So, I booked for the two of us to join the group on August 2.
Well, I picked Mom up at the designated time and headed
to the meeting place....but, when we arrived
there were two vehicles that looked VERY familiar!
I had seen those same two cars parked here on the 23rd of July
when P. and I went to Grand Manan with the same tour bus company.
So, my immediate thought was to second guess the time
we were to meet.
You see, both of those cars had no passengers and no one
was waiting by the bench for the bus.
Well, I expressed to my Mom that I thought they may
have gone without us even though we were early.
So, we waited and watched....waited...
then I reached for my cell phone. The Tour Company
had called the week previous to confirm our departure times,
so I called. I left a voicemail indicating that we
were here....but no bus.
Poor Nancy rang back with many apologies!
There had been a terrible mix-up!!
You see, they didn't 'take roll call' and therefore
thought they had the correct peeps in the seats.
Oh wow! I thought, okay that wasn't what I thought
as it was a wonderfully beautiful day, with warmer
temperatures predicted and I was off today.
Nancy inquired if we would be able to join
tomorrow's group at the same departure time.
I checked with Mom and she didn't have any Doctor appointments
so we said, sure. I was on vacation, so I was good.
Seems that two people had the incorrect day
and had jumped on the bus in our place. So
we 'traded places'.
What a wonderful day August 3 turned out to be!
We joined the tour bus at the designated time,
traveled to Fredericton to go down
the Saint John River to Gagetown.
Memories! I am so fortunate to have my Mom.
We had a great day!

No comments:
Post a Comment