Sunday, July 20, 2014

A few of our favorite things

 
Since moving into our
'quirky little rental'
I have been on
the search
for a
cabinet.
 
I had in mind one with
glass doors,
so I don't have to dust so much.
 I didn't want one too big
nor could I afford
the Barrister Library
type that I love.
 
But yesterday
I popped by a yard sale
here in town and found this!
I know, right??
Maybe it was a filing cabinet
 
 
 
Okay, so maybe you aren't seeing
what I see in this old
(used in the 40/50)
made from previously
used wood.
The back appears to have been drawer boards,
because 'the pull' holes are still there.
 
I am thinking maybe of
'repurposing' it with the same
paint that I did the TV cabinet in.
 
 Here it is all cleaned up.
For now at least,
I am going to leave it
'as is'
with all it's bumps
bruises,
and stories untold.
 

 
I applied Hemp Oil to the inside.
And added a few of our favorite things.
 
Some of which you have seen on my previous
Blog "Think Outside the Box"
some you have never seen.
 
 
Top and centre is a Teapot that we had given to Patty.
When Patty passed away as a result of Wilson Disease,
(see post in Think Outside the Box)
Black Roses's  Dad
asked if she could have it as a loving
reminder of all things Patty.
 Love the tea cups don't you?
 
The left one is one found for 'Black Rose'
The middle is a "Shelley"
The one on the right belonged to my Grandmother,
from the Piano post. 
 
Just a few of my favorite things for which I
I have finally found a new home.
I have now unpacked one more box.
Yeah me.   
 
 UPDATE:
I decided to paint and distress the cabinet
to better fit the space
I wanted it for.
 



 The footstool pictured here is made
from 'repurposed things' as well.
Legs from an old table,
the 'handles' are from chair backs
the cushion can be removed
to be used as a
writing desk.
 
The chair came from a
Habitat Restore.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Featured Post

Life's Highway

I think it was the sign that so unhinged me at first. The first outward indication that things had changed within. There is...