My Grammie A.
1917-1999
Recently, I received this instant message
from my Mom's sister,
"I have a table from Mom's house I thought you may have room for.
Drop in and check it out".
Well of course even if I didn't have the room,
I would make the room.
With so many thanks!!!!
With so many thanks!!!!
I am finding it especially hard to take
a photo without the dog jumping in.
In this case, he had been peeking out from beneath,
but a squirrel ran past and caught his eye.
I painted it with Milk Paint, in
without painting in all of the 'cuts'
and dings and with a bit of light sanding,
brought out some of the white from beneath.
I LOVE IT!
and dings and with a bit of light sanding,
brought out some of the white from beneath.
I LOVE IT!
As many of you are aware,
when I moved from the house
to 'my quirky little rental'
I had to give up my Grandmother's Piano.
This table, of which my Aunt spoke,
was hers as well.
She was always baking. Homemade rolls
I especially remember as she
tried to teach me how to make them
into a ball (I never did get it).
One leaf of this table is more 'wobbly'
where the hinge is worn from
the pressure of kneading the dough.
Here is the table sitting in
my living room
covered by a white table cloth
that was made by my Great-Grandmother
(Grammies' mom).
Lovingly arranged with various
family photos.
family photos.
And, once I find the correct box,
will add Grammie's hymn book.
will add Grammie's hymn book.






1 comment:
You have a wonderful old table there.. I love the new Butterscotchy color. it looks perfect on it... and what a exquisite heirloom the handmade table cloth is. so beautiful. something to cherish.
Post a Comment