Recently we were yard sale hunting.
We began the day as a drive
to a nearby community
to check a yard sale of a past co-worker.
Along the way, we stopped
at a yard sale at an old beautiful home.
Black rose is moving and was
on the lookout for deals on
certain things.
She has always appreciated
Captain's chairs and found this one,
fell in love that it 'fit' and
then told me she didn't have
the cash on her.
Too funny, no worries, all good.
And, it fit in the car along
with most of our other
treasures.
And, it fit in the car along
with most of our other
treasures.
I, on the other hand saw
potential in something else nearby.
Although I did love the cabinet,
I spotted............
the bed.
I have always appreciated Black Rose's
cast iron bed. Okay, honestly, I have
always been envious of she with her bed.
They are very different from one
another, yet I believe from the same
time-line.
They are very different from one
another, yet I believe from the same
time-line.
As many of you know,
I love things that have
been aged with time.
After contacting my wonderful cousin,
she has a van, to make arrangements
for pick up my lovely bed
was delivered to me.
I see the dog got on the bed and
then some while I was gone to get the camera,
sorry folks.
But here is my 'new to me' bed.
I am not sandblasting and having it repainted.
I LOVE the ware and the missing paint.
Imagine this bed in the Spring
with my hand-made, handed down
quilt!!
Black Rose returned to University
and upon her next visit,
we will work on her treasure find.
And, of course, I will later
share my other finds once I have
up-cycled them.
Don't want to give away
any Christmas secrets now do we.





1 comment:
So Cool! I used to have a metal bed quite similar to a mix of them both.. I really loved that bed. but during one of my moves I gave it to my sister.. I miss that bed now.
Great finds. and that looks like a very comfortable chair! Good hunting!
Post a Comment