Thursday, January 9, 2014

No SALT required

 
Well, as many of you know,
I am  a Canadian. 
 
We have recently been
struck by ice storms,
extreme warm conditions,
back to
extremely cold wind chills
and a lot of snow.
 
And, sometimes, something really strange happens,
like a
 thunderstorm! In winter!
I thought I must have been hearing the snow plow
with it's blades down on the near 'bare' road.
But, nope!
Thundersnow, also known as a winter thunderstorm or a thunder snowstorm.
Essentially, when a thunderstorm occurs in the winter, it's due to unusually warm temperatures.
So I read, so now I know and so do you.
 
And on that note,
here's a recipe that I came across
for helping to keep the walkways and steps
clear of ice after yet another storm.
 
For icy steps and side-walks in freezing temperatures
Mix the following:
1 teaspoon of DAWN Dish Soap
1  Tablespoon of Rubbing Alcohol
1/2 Gallon of warm/hot water
 
Pour this mixture over the walks and steps.
And they won't refreeze.
 
I tried it!
It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But be sure to put it 'out'
on a 'warm day' or
it will re-freeze,
like an ice rink.

 








No comments:

Featured Post

Life's Highway

I think it was the sign that so unhinged me at first. The first outward indication that things had changed within. There is...