Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Prologue


I began Blogging following
my young sister in law's
courageous fight with Wilsons Disease.
 
I then continued as an 'outlet'
as our daughter continued her
journey through High School
and on to University.

Some of you
"joined us" by visiting our
'Home Away From Home'
through my Blog "Think Outside the Box"
We  have also explored our Province
through photos & Geocaching.

And recently, after 25 years of Marriage,
I am on my own.

It's the things that require two people
that I get frustrated with
and
for the most part, I do okay.
Then there are other times,
like earlier this week.
When, in frustration,
I sat in the snow
on a cold dark morning
and cried.

I was fighting with the 20' sump pump hose
in -22C while trying to 'walk' across the ice-crusted snow.
However, I am a 'little' ,make that a lot, heavier than a leaf
and had fallen through to my knees a number of times.
There I sat with the tears freezing to my face
while my legs were stinging from the cold,
 raw, scratched and bleeding.

"Well, enough of this pity-party Girl" I said to myself.
"Up you go and off to work"
(after situating the hose and the pump).
So after a hot bath to warm up,
off I rushed to face the rest of the day.
 
As the year progresses and  I
'Turn the Page'
in life,
I invite you to join me.

I will share with you
through photos,
stories,
poems
explorations,
recipes
as well as
 lessons learned.
 
I have always been a person who
knew how to do things,
I am just learning to do even more. 
Sometimes more willing then at others it seems.

I hope you come visit again.     
 
 
 


No comments:

Featured Post

Life's Highway

I think it was the sign that so unhinged me at first. The first outward indication that things had changed within. There is...