Friday, January 10, 2014

Studen Loan Applications and our Government



Oh my word, what a day yesterday was!

The phone sings "Magic School Bus".........it's my girl. 
She's talking fast (nothing new there), crying and I can't understand part of what she's saying. 
  But, the 'jest' of it is this...........her Student Loan information was 'misplaced' by the Gov't
 and now she has to come up with almost $7000 by next Friday. 
  OMW honestly, what else can happen in/with this household?? 
 
  Fortunately, I had taken a 'mental health day' and was enjoying a hot cup of coffee when she rang.
We don't even have those with my company, but that's what I had called the lieu day that they owed me.
So, off to the University (3+ hours) I go to get her so we can once again submit the information. 
Which meant then another 3+ hours drive in the opposite direction
 to obtain signatures from where she worked for her COE.
 
The maddening thing about this is, the Gov't from one Student Loan Department
advised she was not in the system and had never received funding from them.
Well, I guess that means she doesn't have to pay the part that they gave at the first of the year,
right?  Yeah sure!  I wish. 
The other department of (again) the Gov't told her that the information provided
 had to be incorrect as she is certainly in the system.
However, she would need to fill out the COE again as it is no longer on file.
 
 Sadly that means that the deadline will be missed for the required funds by the University for 2nd Semester. 
 
      I figured something out 'short term' for most of it,
so at least she can continue to attend 2nd semester. 
The University also provided a tuition extension to allow us to come up
with the rest
within a month as the Student Loan Application (re-application)
will take 6 to 8 weeks +/- to complete. 
 
With an overall 3.4+ GPA in courses such as Anthropology 
there is NO WAY she wasn't going back for 2nd Semester.
 
Anyone win the Lottery lately? Taking donations LOL 
 
Just another day here at home and time for a cup.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Featured Post

Life's Highway

I think it was the sign that so unhinged me at first. The first outward indication that things had changed within. There is...